Join Us for a Primal Play Day!
Our Primal experts Adam and Vanessa Lambert will be your coaches and guides for this action packed day in sunny Malibu, CA. Join fellow Primal enthusiasts and connect with our coaches for new and continuing education and a lot of fun.
Each Play Day will start out with a 2-hour meet and greet and hot topic discussion. Then we're off for movement and mobility sessions before we feast on a delicious Primal spread - picnic-style! Fueled with healthy Primal foods, we'll head down to the ocean for a paddle boarding and kayak session to wrap up the day. (See the Agenda below for more details.) You'll leave smarter, fitter and healthier than before, and you'll be rejuvenated and energized, ready to start another week.
If you have wanted to get your toes wet with a Primal event this is the perfect opportunity. Or if you are local to the LA area and want an opportunity to connect on a regular basis with our coaches and other Primal enthusiasts, this is a great way to become part of our Primal family. We hope to see you there!
- 9 am-11 am: Primal Meet and Greet and Hot Topic Talk
Start the day with a 2 hour meet and greet and "Hot Topic" Talk. There is so much to learn and expand our awareness when it comes to Primal living. Each meeting we will address one or two hot topics. This is a great way to address Primal subject matter one at at time and each play day you will expand your knowledge on all things Primal.
- 11 am-11:30 am: "Walk and Talk" to Malibu Park Bluff
Move slowly as we take a stroll up the hill to our next location.
- 11:30 am-1:30 pm: Primal Workout Time and Mobility Session
Each month we will have a short workout designed around the Primal exercise pyramid and concepts. All exercises are scalable and your fitness level is a non issue! The importance of mobilization work is becoming one of the most talked about things in the Primal Community. At the end of the workout, we will take you through a series of stretches and mobility sequences that you can take home and incorporate into your own home regimen.
- 1:30 pm-2:30 pm: Primal Picnic
- 2:30 pm-3 pm: Walk down the street to the world famous Malibu Surf Shack and start our ocean adventure!
- 3 pm-5 pm: Paddle Boarding or Kayak Session
Finish the day with a private tour out into the Pacific ocean on your choice of a Kayak or Paddle Board. Two person kayaks are available for those who prefer to partner up with someone, please make sure to select that option when making your reservation.
Date and Time
City Hall Malibu Multi-Purpose Room
23825 Stuart Ranch Rd., Malibu, CA 90265
- There is ample parking at City Hall and this is where our cars will remain all day.
- Primal Play days are limited to 50 people per day, so make sure to sign up early to reserve your spot.
- Paddle Boards and space are limited, so please sign up early to ensure you have a space reserved. Kayaks are also available and a ton of fun!
- We plan to hold Primal Play Days on a regular basis. Discounts will apply for recurring attendees.
- For orders of 3 or more tickets please call 888-774-6259 to make arrangements
- Please note, that other than your purchase confirmation you will not receive any further correspondence from us regarding this event. There will not be any tickets issued or mailed out to you. Please bring a copy of your purchase confirmation. Please note that there is a $25.00 cancellation fee prior to the event. No shows will not be refunded. Please meet at the City Hall Multi-Purpose Room at the designated time.
- If the event is sold out, please contact us at 888-774-6259 to be added to the wait list for future Play Days.
As a battalion chief for one of the nation’s largest fire departments, Adam has been teaching Primal eating and movement strategies for almost a decade. He has been responsible for guiding hundreds of firefighters to adapt Primal lifestyle strategies and is currently working on a statewide program that would implement these elements as the state’s health and wellness standard. Adam is experienced at working with servicemen of all fitness levels, from national Firefighter Games competitors to those in sedentary positions or recovering from injuries.
Adam is the author of the forthcoming book Fit For Duty: A Comprehensive Guide to Health and Fitness in the Fire Service. In addition, Adam is recognized as one of the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the fire service. Certified under the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Adam spent six years training and coaching under the tutelage of Robb Wolf, author of The Paleo Solution and owner of Norcal Strength and Conditioning. Here is a video of Adam doing his infamous Firefighter Fran workout at Norcal Strength and Conditioning.
Vanessa, who performs as a musician and competes in athletic events under the alias Nesta, has been working with fitness enthusiasts of all levels for over 20 years. Vanessa was a member of the Norcal Strength and Conditioning affiiliate team training under Robb Wolf that took 3rd place in the 2009 CrossFit affiliate games. With a diverse athletic and coaching background (fitness reel), Vanessa has intuitively developed the Primal Transformation Retreat curriculum as a way to address the specific needs of new Primal converts and those wishing to intensify their knowledge and commitment to Primal living.
When not writing, recording, or performing music, she works alongside of Mark Sisson at The Primal Blueprint as his executive consultant and in-house publicist. She is personally responsible for training and mentoring high level executives and athletes to help them meet and exceed their health and fitness goals. Vanessa has learned from the best in the business, and is eager to share her expertise with those who are looking to make a change.